Sunday, August 16, 2015

Out of the Darkness | Concept | Fort Bragg, NC Photographer

This is a tale of a woman who was lost in her darkness. There was beauty all around her, but she could not see the color that surrounded her. Every day she lived her life, dull and unseen. The darkness seemed to swallow her.

Alas, one day, her interest was peeked. Why was she doomed to be in the darkness for eternity? Did she not deserve better? Did she not deserve a colorful, exciting world? She decided to find the light with her own two hands and followed her heart.

She searched and search. She felt determined as ever; as she was not going to let the darkness defeat her. She had too much to live for. Too much see and do. Too much love to give. And suddenly, the light shined down on her. She was warmed by it's presence and then .... it happened.

She saw the world in color. She saw the beauty that was hidden beneath the darkness. She finally understood what she was missing and was thankful she never gave up. Her candle burned brightly. It was a gorgeous shade of yellow and red with a hint of blue. She followed her light and cautiously explored her new world.

For she knew that the danger of darkness returning was high, but she was ready to fight for her new, colorful, bright world. She had found herself within the darkness and was not going to let it go.

If you find yourself lost in the darkness and contemplating harming yourself, please find help!

1-800-273-8255 or

Everyone deserves a colorful, bright world and you do matter!

I would like to take the credit for this amazing session ... but it tis not mind. *sigh* I had the pleasure of shooting Alisha with my photog crew, Will (Darkroom Portraits) & Tysha (Tysha Hallman Photo). I may have taken this darker than they might have intended, but that's the joy of photography and perception. Everyone is different and comes to different conclusions. Art is a wonderful thing isn't it?

I never know what I'm walking into with the concepts they come up with. But I'm pleasantly surprised 95% of the time! The other 5% you ask? They already know I won't dig the concept and usually don't invite me! :p HAHA!

*** Please remember that all images are copyrighted to Sharilyn Wells Photography, LLC. Please do not copy or alter any images without SWP, LLC consent. ***

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.